Good oral health care is essential for your overall well-being. By taking good care of your teeth and gums, your risk of developing halitosis and other oral diseases is reduced. With the ever-growing array of dental care products available in the market, it is easier to keep your mouth in tip-top shape.
Here is a list of the top 5 best products for oral care:
- Toothbrush – whether manual or electric, you need to buy yourself a good toothbrush. The latest models of manual toothbrush these days have angles and multi-height bristles for better reach. They have easy-grip handles, and some even have tongue and cheek cleaners. Cleaning your tongue and cheek when brushing will help reduce the bacteria in your mouth. Dental experts suggest that you avoid buying a toothbrush that’s too big for your mouth. Electric toothbrushes are convenient because they have more strokes and allow you to control the pressure of brushing. Some models also have an LCD that tell you where to brush and for how long. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day for about 2 minutes can help keep your mouth clean and healthy. Also, you should change your toothbrush every after three months or when the bristles start to look splayed.
- Toothpaste – choose a product that contains plaque-fighting ingredients such as triclosan and xylitol. These ingredients will help prevent gum disease and tooth decay. The most important ingredient to look for in toothpaste is fluoride. Also, check if it’s scientifically and clinically tested and for a seal of recognition by the CDA.
- Mouthwash – this product helps freshen up your mouth, decrease bacteria and prevent gingivitis. Listerine is one of the most popular mouthwash brands today. However, if you don’t like anything that contains alcohol, there is a wide array of alcohol-free products that you can choose from. Some even contain tea tree oil, silver, and calcium.
- Dental Floss – flossing removes food particles that are stuck in between your teeth that brushing can’t get rid of. Choose a product that is slim enough to slide between your teeth without getting stuck. Regular flossing can help prevent the presence of bacteria in your mouth.
- Whitening Stripes – whitening stripes can help you achieve pearly whites in no time. Some products offer as much as two to four shades of brighter results to ensure the safety of your enamel. Choose a product that will still allow you to eat whatever food you want.
Regular trips to your dentist are also highly advisable. Although it may cost more money, it is your best move to avoid any oral disease. Failure to maintain good overall hygiene has harmful effects to your health; some are even deadly. Oral cancer is just one of the many diseases that you may suffer from.
Having good teeth and oral health can also affect your self-confidence. It can help you get a date, win a new friend or even land your dream job. When you’re confident about your smile, you feel good about yourself.