“The whiter the teeth, the wider the smile!” Not everyone, however, can confidently show off a wide smile due to the state and look of their teeth. Most, if not all, shy away because of the possibility of their teeth stains and discoloration showing. That is why a lot of people try to find ways to whiten their teeth effectively. On the internet alone, there are a whole lot of list of options and procedures to try both at home and in clinic! Although most of them are effective, they still vary in cost and in the time it takes to see drastic effects. If you’re looking for something that is fast acting, you are most likely to rely on unorthodox and in-clinic methods.
Fast Acting Teeth Whitening
If there are big events fast approaching, you probably get anxious as to how you’d look. May it be that first date with someone special, or your wedding day, or perhaps a critical job interview! – All these events are absolutely justifiable reasons as to why you’d want to show off your biggest and most beautiful smile. And this is also exactly when instant teeth whitening becomes absolutely handy.
Let’s take a look at this list of FAST ACTING methods:
- Dental Whitening System at Home – this is a complete package which would typically include pretreatment rinse, whitening serum, gels, and light. The typical process would be as follows:
- Start with the rinse
- Add cotton balls around the gums to avoid irritation and saliva build up
- Apply the whitening serum or whitening gel.
- To activate the serum or gel, prepare the light that comes with the package and hold it against the teeth for a minute or two
- Some products would instruct that you brush or rinse after
- Repeat said process until desired results
- Teeth Whitening Trays – this involves whitening gels and plastic bleaching trays made to fit the user’s teeth. If you have it done with the dentist, the trays are custom made to fit your very own teeth. If you opt DIY at home, you will be getting a standard pre-formed plastic shell which will most likely be ill-fitted to your teeth but would still work. The typical process is as follows:
- Clean teeth by brushing and rinsing
- Simply place bleaching gel on the tray
- Slip tray over teeth
- Wipe away any excess gel to minimize gum irritation
- Follow instructions on the product as to how long will you wear the tray. It usually ranges from an hour to overnight.
- Remove the tray and rinse off teeth thoroughly
- Laser Teeth Whitening – the procedure takes place in the dentist’s office. It uses almost the same process as the ones above, but here, lasers are involved to speed up the chemical reaction of the whitening solution. Here is the exact procedure:
- Bleach is first applied to each tooth.
- The laser generates heat to activate the bleaching gel
- Use special precautions to protect the lips, gums and other oral tissues from being damaged. Items can include cheek retractors, soft or rubber dams for the gums, and desensitizing products to avoid chances of tooth sensitivity.
No matter how quick and effective these processes are, still, no teeth whitening process is permanent. Thus, it is still advised to avoid teeth-staining food and beverages such as coffee or tea and cigarettes too. Also, make sure to schedule follow-up check ups, dental cleaning, and any follow-up whitening session if needed.