There are some cosmetic dental treatments available today that can help you become confident with your smile. Keep in mind that one treatment may work for others, but not for you. Every situation is unique – you should conduct ample research about cosmetic dentistry treatments before deciding which one to get. A good dentist will also be able to give you valuable advice and recommendation.
- Porcelain Veneers – these are the latest craze in the world of dentistry these days. The process involves placing a layer of porcelain on your tooth to improve its appearance. A veneer can be placed on one or more teeth, and this can help determine the price you have to pay. The average cost of one veneer is $900 to $2,500.
- Dental Implants – these are metal posts or frames that are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath your gums to support your replacement teeth. In other words, they are artificial tooth root that provides a strong foundation. Just like getting veneers, implants can also cost you an arm and a leg. If you need to get this treatment, you must prepare around $900 to $3,000 per implant.
- Teeth Whitening – individuals with stained teeth caused by smoking or eating certain foods are highly recommended to get this treatment. Although there are over-the-counter products that claim to do this for you, some of them may not work. Depending on your situation, you may need to spend $100 to $400 for take-home bleaching trays and $500 to $600 for in-office treatment.
- Dental Bonding – this treatment is effective in improving the appearance of a discolored or chipped tooth. It is called dental bonding because it involves bonding a tooth-colored material to the affected area. It can also be quite expensive if you need it applied on several teeth. The average cost of dental bonding today is $150 to $1,500.
- Invisalign – if you don’t know what this is, it’s the clear alternative to metal braces. Adults and teens alike, are fond of getting it to correct their crooked teeth. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign is virtually invisible to the naked eye. One thing that makes this cosmetic treatment attractive to many is the dental insurance that covers it. Because of this coverage, your out-of-pocket expense may significantly be reduced. The average cost for Invisalign is around $3,500 to $5,500.
Cosmetic Dentistry Prices May Vary
There are factors that may affect the cost that you have to pay for any cosmetic dental treatment. It includes the office location of your dentist, tenure, and the treatment that you want to get. Basic dental procedures such as fillings and root canals cost less than veneers and tooth implants.
To get a clear idea of how much you have to spend for any treatment, make sure to discuss the details with your dentist. Ask if the clinic offers any discount or if they’re partners with any insurance company as well. Get to know all the details because enjoying a beautiful smile doesn’t have to be expensive!