How to Find a Good Dentist that Your Beautiful Teeth Deserve
People say that when you find a good dentist to work with, your planned dental procedure is already halfway done. This is because you worry less about possible mistakes and accidents during the procedure. Also, you are guaranteed to be taken care of even well after the procedure is done. This includes having a reliable go-to person when in an emergency situation and a dependable doctor for all follow-up checkups, dental cleaning and maintenance.
But what exactly makes a good dentist? And what are the right questions to ask in order to find one?
A Good Dentist
Here’s a quick list of factors to watch out for in order to find the perfect dentist for you:
- COMFORT – As cheesy as it sounds, it is a must that you find a dentist that you can be very comfortable with. The thought of the dental procedures alone and the pain that comes with it can easily make one panic and anxious. But having the right person beside you whom you can easily talk with, can confidently answer your questions, and can assure you that the procedure will be okay can make a whole lot of difference. To find out more about how they work, a meet and greet is a must! Talk to potential dentists and see if you can get along well.
- LOCATION – this is not something that a lot of people worry about when finding a dentist. But if you are committed to excellent oral hygiene, you are surely aware that your dentist must be easily accessible to facilitate convenient and regular visits. Finding a dentist that is near your home or job is a must when looking for a kind of dental care that will work best with your lifestyle.
- BACKGROUND, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE – next to practicality, this factor is the most important because the outcome of your procedures and check-ups will depend highly on the capabilities of your dentist. Ask the following questions to your dentist to decide better:
– Is heshe a member of the ADA?
– Where was he/she dentist educated and trained?
– How long has he/she been a dentist?
– How long has he/she performed the procedure to be performed on you?
– How often does he/she attend conferences and continuing education?
– When was the last time he/she attended them?
– Is he/she certified to administer anesthesia during any necessary dental treatment?
- THE CLINIC’S MACHINES, FACILITIES, AND OFFICE PROCEDURE – this is important to see how the dentist works in his comfort zone. Not only is he/she supposed to be good but the place where he will perform all procedures on you must also be in an excellent state. This is also to make sure that their service and procedures are patient-friendly and not simply for profit. Here are a few good questions to start with:
– Is the office and clinic neat, and orderly?
– Are surfaces and equipment in the treatment room sparkling clean?
– How old do the place and machines look?
– Is the staff accommodating and willing to answer all your questions?
– During actual patient treatment, do you observe the dentist and staff wearing gloves and masks?
– Will the dentist participate in your dental insurance program?
– What arrangements are made for handling emergencies outside office hours?
– Will there be emergency referral service to other dentists if your dentist is unable to tend to you?
– Are all information covering fees and payment plans made available to you prior to your treatment being scheduled?
Of course, answers to these questions must be in the affirmative and must always be to service your best interest as a patient. Dental procedures don’t come cheap and a huge chunk of what you spend goes directly to the dentists. Thus, it is a must that you make absolutely sure that the services you will be paying for are worth the price. Also, your teeth have a huge part in your daily activities and are a prominent part of your face, such that any minor mistake or accident will affect their functionality and your physical appearance forever. Thus, it is highly essential that you find at least a competent, if not the best, person to trust your teeth to.