Emergency Dental Extraction: Reliable Oral Health Service in Holladay, UT
Dental emergencies are sometimes inevitable most especially if you live an active lifestyle or if you have children that are equally active. These frightening or painful situations may range from teeth that are fractured, loose or pushed out of position. Getting immediate dental help is critical in saving a tooth and pain relief. Village Dental has been providing prompt and reliable emergency dental services for over 50 years.
Emergency Tooth Extraction
Emergency tooth extraction is something you must deal with right away, and it is critical that you or the patient can manage the situation while waiting for help. These are some measures to take for common dental emergencies that may warrant a tooth extraction. Emergency cases caused by dental trauma or pain can be very confusing. Though teeth extraction is safe, it is vital to communicate the following critical information with your dentist:
- Your medical history
- Medications or supplements that you are taking and are allergic to
- Your current medical condition (if you are pregnant, have damaged or man-made heart valves, have impaired immune system or have artificial joint)
If you are unable to communicate because of your condition, make sure you have a companion with you who can provide these critical details:
Emergency Wisdom Tooth Extraction
– Get Relief with Village Dental
Poking a wisdom tooth can get more painful if it emerges crooked, sideways, or misaligned. An impacted wisdom tooth can also be a cause of extreme pain. According to the OMS National Insurance Company (OMSNIC), over 5 million Americans get their wisdom tooth removed every year.
Dr. Rasch has performed a lot of wisdom tooth extraction in his 17-year practice, so patients are in accomplished and experienced hands. You don’t have to deal with this kind of dental pain – an emergency extraction may be the solution to your discomfort. Book an appointment today!
Emergency Extractions are required when one experiences an accident, causing severe damage to the pulp of the tooth. Depending on the severity of the pain and the procedure needed, Dr. Rasch may recommend that a tooth is pulled because of the following:
- A Severe Toothache – pain around the tooth caused typically caused by decay, abscess, fracture, damaged filling or infected gums
- Chipped or broken teeth – cracks, breaks, or splits on the tooth caused by biting hard, being hit in the face or mouth or cavities.
- A knocked out tooth – avulsed tooth that typically involves nerve, blood cells, and tissue damage.
- Dislodged tooth – tooth that has been partially pushed out of its socket or sideways because of an injury or trauma.
If you suspect that you or a loved one needs an emergency dental extraction, schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael Rasch and call 801-277-1916 to get prompt and expert dental care. Village Dental has been taking care of Holladay’s oral health for over 50 years.